Monday, March 12, 2012

Unidentified turned Vintage Find!



This was a pure curiosity purchase.    I was digging at my local thrift store and came upon this mysterious bottle in a leather pouch....   

The cashier, who's been a thrift store employee longer than I've been alive and has seen everything in the world go by ~ twice ~ didn't even know what it was!    It's normally impossible to stump her....   



I posted it to a couple of online groups to see if anyone knew and the closest guess was a milk man or paper boy's change bottle.   Ebay to the rescue!    A great member on one of the groups ran across a posting which identified the mystery item as:

Very Rare Vintage Leather Over Antique Bottle Piggy Bank

The listing was closed but the item sold in January of this year for $32.00 plus shipping!   I like the sound of that for a whim purchase!    Mine isn't exactly identical to the one on the auction but it's close enough to give me an idea of WHAT the item is at least! 




Edited to add:   Linking to ATG

2 comments:

Need to contact me?