Thursday, January 5, 2012

The early bird gets the frozen worm

At approximately 5:14 a.m. this morning, largest beast informed me that she really! wanted! to! visit! the! backyard! that! very! moment!   Due to the amount of carpet cleaning potentially involved, I chose not to call her bluff and hauled myself out of the warm comforter and perfectly formed pillow indentation in order to open the door to frigid temperatures.   It seems winter has found us in our little Southern corner.   It's been so long since the eldest of our dogs experienced truly cold weather, there were some furry frowns going around.  I did the human adult thing: reminded them they have fur and closed the sliding glass door. 

Grabbing a small down blanket to wrap up in, I pondered my options at this before dawn awakening and watched the beasts explore the crunchy grass.  
Due to the literal cold punch from Mother Nature, I was wide awake and going back to bed, though a fond thought, wasn't really the optimal choice.    Since the dogs were now in day-has-started mode, they wouldn't be settling down into a dull roar for a few hours and I would just lay there thinking about how much I could be accomplishing instead of getting any more sleep.   So, for the second time in too little of a span of time before daybreak, I pinned my adult card on and started the day.    Mundane things that the hirelings claim don't fall under their responsibilities ~ damned Equal Opportunity Guild...sure, they'll charge head first into a boss fight but won't fill the dishwasher!

On a positive note, I've had a couple of good vintage luggage scores for a project to come...someday.

Ruby Red:
and Soft Sided Betty:


They're both in great condition though they do need a little sunshine airing and cleaning when Mother Nature gives us the Southern Weather chip back.   Stay tuned for their use...someday!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to contact me?